Wednesday 12 August 2009

JIA Bahrain's 10th Anniversary - My Perspective

by Jo-Anne Cuyugan

 Today is the day. At last, I'm going to wear my first ever purple blouse. i Fussed over my nails, my face, my hair, endless fuss-- just to look my best today as we celebrate JIA Bahrain's 10th anniversary.

I'm fully aware all these fuss will wipe out when sweat breaks in and pumping energy drives me full force on the stage to do my 'priestly' role as worship minister.

To be a minister in worship is not a one-woman spectacle where I get to perform live onstage and show people what I got. NO!!! Not at all! To be a minister IS TO BE A SERVANT OF GOD. And the greatest and most humbling honor is to glorify GOD with all your heart, with all your soul, regardless of who you are.

And so the celebration kicks off with a colorful parade from the children and youth escalating to a climactic praise and worship ensemble. The floor rocks as people sing their heart out to that all-time-fave heart-thumping, "Take, Take, take It All."

Our beloved Ptr. Ignar Reyes gave a warm welcome and acknowledgement of our guests, followed by an anointed worship by Sis. Jenny Pajimna. Truly God showed He reigns as everybody lifted their voice in worship to the One, true King. Wow!

Who could not fail but notice the talent behind Jimmel Galzote and Ryan Sy for their beautiful and creative video presentations? These videos broke the monotony and inspired a fresh wave of emotions and inspiration to the beholders.

The rest of the program were great and of course, one of the most serious, and vital part of the whole program is.......the photoshoot! wow! smile here, smile there, as papparazzis clamor to get our shots hehehe...jowk!

But the night did not end there. Some after-show unwinding had to be done so we proceeded at Starbuxxx. Late night chatter while sipping hot coffee is a great way to ease all the stress and exhaustion off.

Over-all, the whole event was succesful, thank God. Weeks of endless meetings, reherasals, unbalanced sleep, paid off as we all strived to make this day truly special not just for JIA Bahrain, but most importantly to the One in whom this Church was born...our Lord God.

All the glory belongs to Him!

Happy 10th Anniversary JIA Bahrain!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones